Creating an app-like link to your dashboards on an Apple device is quick and easy to do. With an Apple iPad, setting this up with Safari is the only browser that this will work in.
Like with a desktop, you'll want to go to your safari and type in https://player.firstarrivingdigital.com/
Click on the 'share' icon, choosing the 'add to home screen'.
If you wish to change the preset name, you can do it here. Then click on 'add'.
That's it! You'll notice the icon now on your home screen, which you can move and place as you would any other application.
Limiting the iPad to JUST our App with Guided Mode
The Guided Access setting limits your iPad to a single app and lets you control which features are available. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then reenter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.
- Open the TelemetryTV App on your iPad, then triple-click the Home button.
- If you want parts of your screen to stop responding to touch, use one finger to circle those areas. You can move or resize the circle, or tap the X to remove it.
- Tap Start. Your iPad is now in Guided Access mode.
Here's how to exit Guided Access mode:
- Triple-click the Home button or side button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. Or if you turned on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Home or side button.