This process will take 15-17 minutes per device. If we have contacted you about multiple devices, you will only need one flash drive to update all your devices
2. Wired USB Keyboard
3. USB Flash Drive.
4. Computer with working internet access
Steps to Complete
Download the Recovery Media
On the working computer (not the Chrome device with the error):
- If you're using a Mac or Windows computer:
- To open the recovery extension:
- At the top right of your browser window, click Extensions.
- To launch the extension popup, click on the "Chromebook Recovery Utility" extension. If the extension popup doesn't automatically appear on your screen, make sure it's turned on.
- Click Get started.
- Click Select a model from a list, or type in the model number of the Chromebook you want to recover. To find this number, look at the bottom of the error message on your Chromebook screen.
- Click Continue.
- Insert your USB flash drive
- In the dropdown menu, choose the USB flash drive you inserted.
- Click Continue.
- Click Create now.
- When you see a message saying that your recovery media is ready, remove the USB flash drive or SD card from the computer.
Installing Recovery Kit onto your Chromebox/Chromebit
1. Unplug/Turn off power to your chrome device
2. Take a paperclip and press the reset button
3. While pressing the reset button with a paperclip, plug the power back into the Chromebit or press the power button on a Chromebox.
4. The screen will say "Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged" with a large, yellow exclamation point
5. Take the USB flash drive and plug it into the device. The device will begin to update automatically. During this process, the device will reboot a few times. It may take up to 10 minutes for this process to be completed.
6. The screen will show that it is verifying the integrity of the recovery media with a progress bar.
7. Once that is complete, it will begin to restore the Operating System on your device. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE POWER TO THE DEVICE AT ANY TIME
8. When the recovery is complete, you'll be prompted to remove the USB drive from your device.
9. The device will restart and it will be just like a brand new device with an updated operating system.
10. Plug in a USB keyboard into the USB port on your device.
11. You will be able to navigate by using the TAB key and the ENTER key on your keyboard to follow the on-screen instructions, including connecting to the internet.
Once connected, you should see a login window that says this device is managed by firstarrivingdigital.com.
12. Enter the email address: email@example.com
13. Password: firstarriving
Some users might be prompted to enter a phone number to verify the account. You can simply enter a cell phone number to receive the code needed to confirm the account. Once received, type the code on the screen.
14. Once enterprise enrollment is successful, you'll see a screen that allows you to set the Asset ID and Location. You do not need to enter anything, just hit SKIP or NEXT.
15. Hit ENTER for done when your screen says "Your device has been successfully enrolled!"
16. The device will automatically launch into the First Arriving Player. On the screen, you will see an alphanumeric pairing code.
17. Go to https://www.firstarriving.com/devices/ to fill out our device activation form and we will get your Dashboard up and running as soon as possible