Create your Page:
To create a Facebook Page for your nonprofit, you’ll need a personal Facebook profile. If you don’t have an existing profile, go to Facebook to sign up. Have an account? Follow these steps:
- Create your page - Log in to your page and click the arrow in the top-right corner of any page and then select Create Page. You will be logged in as your page’s admin by default (page admins can be changed or added at any time under Manage Pages). Your admin role won’t affect the privacy of your personal profile and won’t appear in your Page’s posts or other activity.
- Choose a Page Category - You do not have to be a registered nonprofit to select it as a page category on Facebook. Choose Company, Organization or Institution. If you choose Cause or Community, your Page won’t have access to the exclusive tools Facebook has made available to nonprofits. You can also select one of many sub categories that best suits your organization.
- Add Details About your Page -
About: This section is a quick preview of what your organization does. Write your mission, basic info, contact info, etc.
Profile Picture: Use a photo or logo that best represents your organization. Keep in mind, it’ll often appear small.
Add To Favorites: Get easy access to your page by adding it to your personal profile Favorites list.
Preferred Page Audience. Connect with the your community and right audience by adjusting your preferred page audience.
Add Donate Buttons:
“Facebook offers a suite of tools to allow supporters to fundraise on behalf of charitable organizations in select countries (Learn more about eligibility and apply now). To receive distributions, your nonprofit must apply and be approved by Facebook Payments. If your nonprofit is a US-based 501(c)(3) organization and has not applied, you could receive distributions through the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund if you are listed in GuideStar. Learn more about requirements and our partnerships.”
Add a donate button to your Page:
- Go to your nonprofit page as an Admin
- Select Add a button and then hover over Edit button
- Select Donate through a website of your choice to send people to your nonprofit’s website or select Donate through Facebook if you want people to donate directly through Facebook (you’ll need to sign up for Facebook Payments to allow people to donate directly through Facebook).
- Click Create
Click here for more information on other fundraising tools