Core iOS Device Requirements
First Arriving's Dashboards display great on iOS devices, our current supported device list includes:
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad (5th gen) running iOS 12.2 or later.
Activating Your First Arriving Subscription on iOS
For current customers who have secured a Desktop/Tablet license subscription, the instructions for activating your First Arriving Dashboard via our TTV backbone are:
- Download the TelemetryTV Media Player in the app store on your iPad at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/telemetrytv/id1473485029?ls=1
- You'll see a six digit pairing code, email that code with your department name, the location this Dashboard will be assigned to (i.e. Office X, Vehicle B, Captain M) to firstname.lastname@example.org (or open a support ticket here)
- We'll pair your device with your Dashboards and that's it!
Limiting the iPad to JUST our App with Guided Mode
The Guided Access setting limits your iPad to a single app and lets you control which features are available. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then reenter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.
- Open the TelemetryTV App on your iPad, then triple-click the Home button.
- If you want parts of your screen to stop responding to touch, use one finger to circle those areas. You can move or resize the circle, or tap the X to remove it.
- Tap Start. Your iPad is now in Guided Access mode.
Here's how to exit Guided Access mode:
- Triple-click the Home button or side button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. Or if you turned on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Home or side button.
Adjusting Time Zone
To adjust the time zone settings on your device, navigate to Settings > General > Date & Time